Habitat 0.75.0 Release Notes
We are happy to announce the release of Habitat 0.75.0. We have a number of new features as well as bug fixes, so please read on for all the details. If you just want the binaries, head on over to Install Habitat.
Improvements to 'hab bldr job status'
We recently added the ability to build Windows packages on Builder!
hab bldr job status will now report the Package Target (x86_64-linux, x86_64-windows) of the build group.
This improves the usability of the command when introducing a change that results in builds for more than one Package Target.
Subdirectory support in Plan 'config'
A frequent request is support for subdirectories in the
config directory for a service packaged with Habitat.
#6066 introduces support for this capability. This allows you to
structure configuration for your software in the way it expects.
Habitat Launcher: New Version Released, Please Update
This release of Habitat includes a new release of the Launcher, a small binary that the Supervisor uses to help manage its supervised processes. Whereas the Supervisor is able to automatically update itself, the Launcher is currently released a bit differently, by design; it should be rare that the Launcher ever needs to change. To update your Launchers, you will need to run hab pkg install core/hab-launcher on each machine that has a Supervisor, and then restart your Supervisor. This will, by necessity, require a restart of supervised services, so factor that into your planning.
Thanks again for using Habitat!
- ensure install hooks do not run from cli if feature is not enabled #6142 (mwrock)
- Fix BoxKeyPair::encrypt return type #6116 (baumanj)
- include HAB_FEAT_INSTALL_HOOK in docker studio env_vars #6138 (mwrock)
- Don't copy the entire member list when choosing PingReq values #6097 (baumanj)
- if the studio is rooted immediately under the system drive, do not try to delete it #6102 (mwrock)
- use temp dir scoped to current build to avoid failures when building multiple builds #6106 (mwrock)
- generate api docs for windows http gateway #6098 (mwrock)
- Remove txn_id from Launcher protocol #6156 (christophermaier)
- adding HAB_CRYPTO_KEY to hab build #6166 (mwrock)
New Features & Enhancements
- Adds printing of target in job status output #6151 (eeyun)
- Support for recursive subdirectories for config. #6066 (jamesc)
- Run health check in the first tick after service load #6109 (jaym)
Merged Pull Requests
- Add buildkite based verification pipeline #6085 (scotthain)
- [docs] Update CLI reference for 0.74.0 release. #6127 (fnichol)
- Remove composites handing #6088 (jamesc)
- update windows-service blog to reflect recent changes #6089 (mwrock)
- Bump VERSION to 0.75.0-dev. #6126 (fnichol)
- Fix verification pipeline #6152 (scotthain)
- Release 0.74.0 blog post! #6124 (fnichol)
- Add build/publish of Windows Docker Studio to release pipeline #6165 (smacfarlane)
- Add windows-service build to release pipeline. #6167 (smacfarlane)
- Update release pipeline to new queue name for windows docker #6154 (scotthain)
- Configure rustfmt #6134 (raskchanky)
- s/instaled/installed/ in the Install hook docs #6164 (jeremymv2)
- windows-service, welcome to the mono repo! #6162 (mwrock)
- use native deps for windows launcher #6161 (mwrock)
- Update changelog for 0.75.0 release #6159 (smacfarlane)